Jun 20, 2007

Sparks' farmers' market - get there early!

I usually shop a the farmers' market located near Prater and Oddie in Sparks, which is open 8:00-1:00 each Tuesday. Yesterday I was on my way to lunch and thought I'd pop by the market to pick up some fruit for the week. I got there about 11:30 to find the parking lot filled with vehicles (though there were still parking spaces available), as usual.

To my surprise and delight (OK, I admit it, and disappointment) much of the produce had already been sold. I was still able to find the fruit I came for, but was unable to find the veggies I usually buy on impulse. Our family participates in the CSA so we get Nevada grown veggies each week but we also often buy from the farmers' markets.

It must be a sign that the demand for local produce has increased and we've shown there is a market in Sparks for good food produced off the grid. Woo hoo! But it also means you might need to get to the market early if you want to get everything you came for, and some things you didn't.

No comments: