Nov 19, 2008

Lattin Farms Cornucopia of Corn

Here's a great family event! From my inbox to you:

Another harvest season has passed and the Lattin Farms Corn Maze is done for the year. Now, what will Farmer Rick do with all that corn? Give it away! Join us for corn picking & corn milling (on an antique corn mill) so you can take home as much corn meal as you can carry!

When: Saturday, December 13th from 10-3 pm
Where: Lattin Farms, 1955 McLean Rd, Fallon, NV 89406
For information, call 775.747.3910 or contact the River School.

Bring gloves and bags!

3 comments:

Joe Horn said...

Hey Shelly, Joe from Dish. Do you think this cornmeal would be good for polenta? It sounds like fun!

Shelley said...

Hi Joe,

I asked B. Ann about this yesterday. She says the antique corn grinder will be set to fine grind to produce corn meal. But if you need a courser grind for polenta, they have other grinders that can be set to what ever grind you need..just ask for it. I can vouch for the yumminess of the corn meal because we received some in the 2007 CSA, so I'd think it will be more of the same this year.

If you decide to try it out and make some polenta will you let me know how it goes? I'd love to know.

By the way...all week we've been eating the 5-minute bread you blogged about. Bought the book (even though it's available at the library I like to own cookbooks...makes me feel grounded), read it, and made the first batch last Sunday to eat with a really great meatball soup. Fantastic and easy! My husband even make a loaf all on his own one day. Thanks for sharing!

Joe Horn said...

cool, cool. Thanks! I will have to see if we have any work on the 13th and see if Nancy wants to go down there. Glad the bread worked out. I've worked my way through one batch, getting ready to make another this weekend.